HACKATHORN, TODD (SWBT) wrote:
Hello,
Sorry if this is a obvious question, but I am new to mySQL, and PHP. I am
used to working with MS SQL Server 2000 and coldfusion. In SQL server I can
build DTS packages and schedule them to update the data in my tables with
different queries, and to import current data from other databases. Is
there a way I can do this in mySQL? I found how I can schedule scripts, but
am not sure how to go about making a script do queries, or how to import
data from a other data source. I could write a script to insert each record
one at a time, but that seems like a lot of work. I work with fairly large
tables. I am new to both Linux, and mySQL, but do have a decent amount of
experience in other SQL system. I am using RedHat 9, mySQL Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.18, for pc-linux (i686).

Todd:

MySQL does not have this ability. You can, however, accomplish this with command-line shell/Perl/PHP scripts run from cron (type "man cron" and "man crontab" to learn more, if you are not familiar with it).

-- Sasha Pachev Create online surveys at http://www.surveyz.com/