Sp.Raja wrote:
Hi List,

I'm using mysql-4.0.15a. But we need some specific features present in 4.1.X such as

1. INSERT ... ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE query support
2. Innodb multi-table space (one ibdata file per table)

Could someone point me to patches for them for 4.0.15a release. so that I can back merge them specifically. We don't want to use 4.1.X since it is not production/stable version, but have decided to back merge some specific feature which are required.

Your would get a more stable version by using 4.1 as a whole. 4.1 and 4.0 are different enough that the patch game would be very much time consuming and error prone.

4.1 although still called alpha is really not that unstable. Back in 2002 eWeek did a benchmark of production versions of the "big bucks" databases vs MySQL 4.0.1-alpha (see http://www.mysql.com/eweek/). MySQL and Oracle were the only databases that could pass the original test without crashing. The test also was done on Windows, which at least back then was far from being MySQL forte.

The difference between MySQL and the "big bucks" databases is that when the new major release comes out, MySQL calls it "alpha" until it proves itself fairly stable in field testing. The "big bucks" call it "stable" as soon as it passes their internal QA.

-- Sasha Pachev Create online surveys at http://www.surveyz.com/