Cliff Addy wrote:
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Sasha Pachev wrote:

where dbh is a global MYSQL structure.  This code works fine on the old
system.  If I pull it out into it's own little test program on the new
server, it also works fine.  But when I put it in with the analog source
code, it compiles fine but the mysql_real_connect causes a core dump when
run.

The most common reason for the above error is mysql.h header/libmysqlsclient.so library incompatibility. Make sure they are in sync.

Except that when I put the same code into it's own little program, it
works fine.  i.e. I build a C program whose main does nothing but call the
connect function.  Compiles/runs with no coredump.

Double-check the build process of the big program. Watch out for the include and library paths, and make sure to get rid of the stale .o files ( make clean)

-- Sasha Pachev Create online surveys at http://www.surveyz.com/