Brent Bailey wrote:
Hello,
Im running mysql on a Freebsd 4.9.. In going through my logs this morning I saw this error. I find it odd that mysqd would try to open the /etc/hosts.allow file .. this makes me think that someone issued the command through mysql .with that in mind.
1. Is there a way to get mysqld to log to a specific file ?
2. Does the below error mean that someone tried to access these files via mysql commands ?
Feb 25 13:44:14 xxx mysqld[175]: warning: /etc/hosts.allow, line 59: cannot open /etc/hosts.allow: Permission denied Feb 25 13:44:14 xxx mysqld[175]: warning: /etc/hosts.allow, line 59: cannot open /etc/hosts.deny: Permission denied

mysqld can legitimately want access to /etc/hosts.allow if it is compiled with libwrap support.

--
Sasha Pachev
Create online surveys at http://www.surveyz.com/