I am running MySQL server 4.0.16 with MyISAM tables an a UTF-8 Default character
encoding in the tables.

Is it possible to make it so when a user enters a query using American English
characters that they will equate to similar European (and other characters).  So if
they were to type a 'u' for instance it would also equate to a 'u'(umlaut)?

Can you point me toward solid references to this.  The BINARY operator in the man
pages implies I can do something like this but I can find no other resources on how
this may be done.  Is there a textfile specifying these equivalents?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Scott - Emory University