Hi,

We have a (pre-existing) disaster recovery/backup script that uses =
mysqldump, ssh, mysql to backup an existing database.  One of the tables =
is rather large (1 Gig or so), and the time that it takes to "DROP =
TABLE" on an already loaded  recover server causes a timeout.  I have =
confirmed tested by creating an empty database on the recovery server & =
the mysqldump loads fine.  The second time I run it, it gets a timeout =
error.

The basic logic is:

mysqldump ... somedatabase | ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED] "mysql ..."

This technique is because only the SSH port is open to the recovery =
host.

mysqldump: Error 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query when =
dumping table 'Item' at row: 1539

real     3:10.4
user        0.0
sys         0.0

I just do not know which timeout is causing the problem.

        mysql> show variables like '%timeout%'
            -> ;
        +--------------------------+-------+
        | Variable_name            | Value |
        +--------------------------+-------+
        | connect_timeout          | 5     |
        | delayed_insert_timeout   | 300   |
        | innodb_lock_wait_timeout | 50    |
        | interactive_timeout      | 28800 |
        | net_read_timeout         | 30    |
        | net_write_timeout        | 60    |
        | slave_net_timeout        | 3600  |
        | wait_timeout             | 28800 |
        8 rows in set (0.06 sec)
=09

Or is it a timeout associated with mysqldump??

Can anyone shed some light??

Thanks,
Steve Williams