Hi,

I am currently experiencing a few problems getting mysql to run on my PC. I
have a windows XP machine P4 2.6 GHZ. I have downloaded the version mysql
4.0.15 from mysql.com and am struggling to get the program to work. I have follwed
the instructions listed in a book i purchased called mysql made easy by Mike
McGrath.

I currently recieve two error messages when trying to a) start the sql server
and b) open the sql monitor.

The error messages are as follows:
a) Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly
b) Error 2003: Can't connect to mysql server on 'localhost' <100617>

Any help you could offer me would be really appreciated

Kind regards

Farryl