this is just my $0.02, but I would think $500/yr is certainly worth it. you'll get a fully supported product, and the money goes to a good cause.

jeff
Kevin Williams wrote:
All,

I have a database where the tables are InnoDB.  I am working on the
backup procedure, and would like to implement a process where the
database is backed up without having to shut it down (live, or hot
backup).  Reading the documentation, it appears the only option I have
is to purchase a solution from InnoDB ($500/yr).  Is there a free option
out there to do this?

Thank you,

Kevin Williams

--
Jeff Mathis, Ph.D.                      505-955-1434
The Prediction Company                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]