During the last week I have asked couple of questions regarding setting up
MySQL & have gotten good answers. Since my knowledge of MySQL is in the
beginer level, and I am very close to finishing up working with MySQL, I
have several questions still un answered. I will try asking one question at
a time so I do not confuse anything.

My setup:

                                        T1 to Internet Backbone

                        ---------------------------
                                |                         |
                        12.21.237.10              12.21.237.11
                   --------------             --------------
                  | Firewall     |           | Firewall     |
                  | DNS (NS1)    |           | DNS (NS2)    |
                   --------------             --------------
                        192.168.21.10             192.168.21.10
                                |                         |
                        ---------------------------
                             DMZ  |Hub|    DMZ
             |             |              |
       192.168.5.15   192.168.5.16   192.168.5.17
            rdx           mail         mails
       ------------   ------------   ------------   ------------
       |  RADIUS  |   |   Mail   |   | Web/HTTP |   |   DATA   |
       |  Server  |   |   Server |   | Hosting  |   |  MySQL   |
       ------------   ------------   ------------   ------------
       192.168.6.15   192.168.6.16   192.168.6.17   192.168.6.18
            rdxl          maill         mailsl         datal
             |             |              |              |
             -------------------|Hub|---------------------

The four servers sit behind a firewall & communicate with each other on
private 192.168.6.XX network. Data Server (datal) is a MySQL Master Server
RH9,DUAL CPU, 1.5GB Mem & RAID1) & it is accessable only by servers in the
DMZ over 192.168.5.XX network. I have file "/etc/my.cnf" in the "data1",
which I copied from "my-large.cnf" and have made no changed to it.

/etc/hosts table in each server resolves all other servers in the DMZ & I
can PING any one of them from any one of them.

RADIUS Server (rdxl) is a client MySQL Server and reads authentication data
from DATA Server (datal). My INTENT is to setup Client MySQL Server (rdxl)
so
that(if possible)it is permanently connected to the MySQL Master Server
(datal)!

---------
I use the following command in Client MySQL Server (rdxl) to connect to the
Master MySQL Server:

   shell> mysql -h datal -u root password=mysqlpw

Where "root" password (mysqlpw) is setup using "mysqladmin" command.

Question:
(1) What is the norm UID when connecting from a Client MySQL Server?
I am using "root" as UID, should I use "mysql" as UID & why? If UID
"mysql" is used then how do I setup PW for it? Is it by "mysqladmin"
command or by changing the PW is the User Manager?
(2) I am told not to expose the password. In this situation, where
RADIUS server will be connecting to the Master MySQL server every
few seconds, how would I setup the connection to the "datal" server?

(2) In Clinet/Master MySQL setup, do I also need to create a "/etc/my.cnf"
file on the Client MySQL Server?

(3) What changes do I need in "/etc/my.cnf" file?
---------

Thanks.

Kirti