Hmm....

The question is, does MySQL's optimiser do enough planing to result in a tree of any non-trivial interest?

I love MySQL as much as the next geek with a significant other that loves dolphins, but I'm not sure that MySQL 4.0 would provide a lot of data for funky tree-drawing (MS SQL tool style).

Anyone have any comments regarding the optimiser improvements in MySQL 5?

Regards,

Chris

Martijn Tonies wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if there's a neat way to get the "explain" output
in a tree-like structure so it can be visualized in an easy way.

Is it possible to get it into a tree-structure at all?

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions