here's a quick and dirty way to do it:

1) make the seasons table look like this:

dayofyear int
season enum('winter','spring','summer','fall')
rate decimal(5,2)

2) populate 'seasons' with 1-366 for dayofyear and the corresponding
season and daily rate.

3) to get the total rate do a query like:

select sum(seasons.rate) as total,sum(1) as daysbooked from
bookings,seasons where
bookings.id=$id and
seasons.dayofyear BETWEEN DATE_FORMAT(bookingFromDate,"%j") AND
DATE_FORMAT(bookingToDate,"%j")

I don't know how you're charging weekly rates, but you could just
check if daysbooked>=7 and knock a percentage off total.

gl,
- Mark