Hi all

I would like to try and implement the MySQL socket protocol (or what ever
you would call it), so that I can do all kinds of communication with a MySQL
server, like normal SQL, MySQL environment variables, performance status,
tables helth checks, and what ever is possible.

The reson I need this, is just for fun :) Maybe if I succeed I will make
some webapp that can monitor all our databases, maybe I will never get that
far. But basicly its just an experiment I would like to try.

So where do I get information about the protocol and the operations possible
via the protocol?

Best regards
Søren