According to the C API docs on mysql_get_metadata:
" If a statement passed to mysql_prepare() is one that produces a result
set, mysql_get_metadata() returns the result set metadata in the form of
a pointer to a MYSQL_RES structure that can be used to process the meta
information such as total number of fields and individual field
information."

This would imply that using a SHOW TABLES LIKE '?' as my prepared query
and then calling mysql_get_metadata() should work just fine.  My
mysql_prepare() call works just fine, however when I make the call to
mysql_get_metadata() it returns NULL.  I would expect it to return the
meta data describing the resultset for SHOW TABLES just like the docs
say.

This is happening on the download version of 4.1.1, as well as the
latest bitkeeper version of 4.1.2.

Is this a known issue?  Are you not supposed to be able to use
mysql_get_metadata on the SHOW queries?

--
Nathaniel Blanchard
Developer

This e-mail message may contain confidential information. If you are not
the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution or copying
of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this
e-mail message from your computer.