Andre MATOS wrote:

>Is it possible to set MySQL to save all the changes that can happen,
>for example, if some one insert a new record into table X, MySQL save
>a log about this task performed and all data that was inserted. I
>another person update one field from table Y, MySQL save all the
>information about this change. So, If something happens after the
>backup, we can recover the database without go back and perform again
>the insert and the update?

Yes.  The basic steps are:

1) Turn on the binary log in mysql:

<http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Binary_log.html>

2) Take a consistent point in time backup using InnoDB Hot Backup and
the perl script ibbackup that InnoDB provides:

<http://www.innodb.com/manual.php#backup.myisam>

3) wait until you need the backup

4) Restore the data set using InnoDB Hot Backup

<http://www.innodb.com/manual.php#restore>

5) The restore will note the position in the binlog at which the backup
was taken, use this position to apply the binlogs, also from:

<http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Binary_log.html>

Obviously try this before relying on it.

--Ware