Hi Sasha,
Thanks for getting back to me on this.

I was hoping to use the binlogs as an alternative to rollback.commit in the event
that someone for example hoses a table by doing an update and
forgetting the where clause. I want to be able to load a snapshot,
dump the binlogs out and find and delete the query that hosed the table
and then run the rest through mysql.

I don't think I can do this with a master/slave setup. Maybe I would have
better luck with version 5?

Thanks,
- Mark

I don't think I can do something li

Sasha Pachev wrote:

Mark Maggelet wrote:

Since I didn't get an answer to this, I'll try asking it another way:
has anybody gotten a binlog with binary data (images) to load from one
server to another? And if so, what version are you using?
Thanks,
- Mark

Mark:

If the latest does not work, it is a bug in mysql command line client that needs to be reported. However, mysqlbinlog has a few other issues and in a general case will not produce a reliable query playback. If you have binlog on a remote server you want played back, a better way to do it is to set up your server as a replication slave to the one containing the binlog, and point it to the start of the binlog with CHANGE MASTER TO