"Eric B." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ran into a slight problem this morning where MySQL suddenly wouldn't
> recognize a table anymore.  After doing a myisamchk on it, it listed the
> table as having crashed.  myisamchk -r on the table fixed the problem, but I
> am concerned that this error happened in the first place.
>
> I've tried to read thru the MySQL docs, but apparently, I must be looking in
> the worng places as I can't find anything that specifies what causes MySQL
> to mark a table as crashed.  What kind of circumstances might cause this to
> happen?  The server itself didn't reboot, nor did MySQL restart.

It may be hardware error or bug in MySQL. You may also get corrupted table if you run
program like myisamchk on the table when MySQL server is running.
If you get corrupted tables after some certain commands, try to make a test case:
        http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Reproduceable_test_case.html

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Egor Egorov
       <___/   www.mysql.com