Odd.  When I dump my utf8 database it works fine.  I use
mysqldump -u user --password=password -a -A --add-drop-table -c
>public_html/backup.sql

This backs up my entire database.  Here is the limk to it in the manual
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/mysqldump.html
I hope it helps.

Respectfully,
Ligaya Turmelle

PHPCommunity.org: Open Source, Open Community
For more information or to join the movement
www.phpcommunity.org

""Theodosios Paschalidis"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hi all,

I was just testing if my utf8 table would restore properly.
When I execute
mysqldump -umysqladmin -pmysqladmin test < C:\mysql\bin\test-bp.sql

No tables are created. Instead I what get in my DOS console (WinXpPro) is
the beginning and end of the dump file (having skipped all the restoration
bits!) which is what follows

I am new at this. Could anybody please offer any ideas on what goes wrong
here? I need to resolve this in order backup my whole database.

Thank you for your time,
Theo

-- MySQL dump 10.4
--