Anyone any idea how I could rewrite this as a join - all the indexes are in
place and each of the components of this work fine - its only when the
combined subqueries are passed to the root query does it appear to go wrong
(Takes around 1.5 mins to complete and causes 100% processor utilisation
while executing).  (May be something for the developers to look at).

But in the meantime I need to get this going

SELECT PROJID,PROJECTNAME
FROM  S_PROJECTREGISTER
WHERE  SNAPSHOTID = 56
AND   PROJID IN ( SELECT PROJID