Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 10:52:38 +0100
> "Martijn Tonies" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> > I'm running:
>> > mysql  Ver 12.21 Distrib 4.0.15, for suse-linux (i686)
>> > ps says I'm running mysql-max
>> > mysql    21397  0.0  1.7 71216 16064 pts/8   S    10:32   0:00
>> > /usr/sbin/mysqld-max ....
>> >
>> > that *should* support stored procedures, shouldn't it?
>>
>> As far as I know, MySQL 5 support stored procedures.
>
> But what about Max version?
> Docs are not crystal clear.
> While it is clearly stated that mySQL started to support SP from
> version 5, nothing is said about Max where docs just say it supports
> them but it is not clear from which version.

5 is a number of version. MySQL-Max is a name of MySQL server, where Max means that
this MySQL server supports InnoDB and BDB storage engines.

> It is even not that clear from which source package should I start
> from to have Max or "plain" mySQL.
>
> I gave a look to SUSE source package of release 4 and it seems that
> Max and "plain" are built from the same tarball.
>
> Since I'm not sure if I have a version that support SP it is difficult
> to see if my syntax is wrong or it is a problem of version.
>
> Could anyone post a correct 5 line example of working stored procedure
> to test?

For example:

mysql> delimiter |
mysql> create procedure pippo ()
    -> begin
    -> select 1;
    -> end |
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.07 sec)

Syntax of stored procedures is described at:
        http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/CREATE_PROCEDURE.html

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Victoria Reznichenko
       <___/   www.mysql.com