Donny-

 While I appreciate your bluntness, I did have this issue a time back with
4.1.x.

In your email, the reference to big-tables stated that it prevents table
fulls. This would dictate
that it does affect limits, or working around them , likely a limit set
forth by temporary tables (in memory).

The other thing that I did was increase block sizes on the filesystem
storing the data. I set it to allow 2TB
filesizes (16TB Filesystem), as my largest table pushes about 1/4 of that.
Linux kernel (32-bit 2.4.x) defaults at 2TB max, but that's
the other limit you'd have to deal with (with LVM)

Back to the point, the 1gig limit stated in the initial email can be
overcome. Things you have to keep in mind
are which OS to choose, which architecture, and the underlying filesystem.

"Donny Simonton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
03/09/2004 09:09 AM