Hi,

I've recently upgraded from 4.0.8a to 4.0.18, and am running into a strange
error in the JDBC connector.  If the DB connection is unused for a period of
time (don't konw the minimum amount of time, but 8-12 hours defintiely
triggers the problem), I get the following error msg in my stack:

** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION **

java.net.SocketException
MESSAGE: Software caused connection abort: recv failed

STACKTRACE:

java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
 at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:147)
 at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:183)
 at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:201)
 at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.reuseAndReadPacket(MysqlIO.java:1399)
 at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:1775)
 at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1109)
 at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2030)
 at
com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:1563)

>From this point on, all connections to the DB fail.  I don't have the
autoreconnect parameter in the JConnector enabled, but I didn't have it
enabled in 4.0.8 either.  I haven't changed anything in my code either.  It
uses the java.sql.DriverManager class to do my connection pooling.

Has something changed between 4.0.8 and 4.0.18 that would cause this
problem?

Thanks!

Eric