Hi guys,

I'm new to MySQL, it's been just few days since I've installed it and started playing
with it.
I'm migrating web application from another database which gives us too many problems.
So far I've
successfully moved the structure and data across and running field tests.

What surprised me a lot was the limit on the number of tables in JOIN.
The application has report builder which could easily generate much more than 31
joined tables, when
many fields, searches, filters etc. involved.

So I guess my question is if it's possible to get around this limit or am I done with
MySQL at the
very start? Because another solution would be to rewrite the report builder itself and
I still have
doubts I will not cross the limit.

Searching through archives I didn't see any solutions to this problems, just mentions
of some "hack"
you could do to force MySQL "think" it's running on the 64-bit platform.
Any hints including the hint on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

The MySQL version I have is 4.0.18-nt-long.

--
Best regards,
 Victor