Hello!
  I was just wondering if I am the only one that's having problem
extracting maxdb .tgz file or there is someone else out there facing
similar problem.
 tar zxvf filename.tgz  or
 gunzip filename.tgz , tar xvr filename.tar or
 zcat filename.tgz | tar xvf -

should work, but i tried all and it gives me the following error

maxdb-all-linux-32bit-i386-7_5_0_8/
maxdb-all-linux-32bit-i386-7_5_0_8/SDBBAS.TGZ

zcat: maxdb-all-linux-32bit-i386-7_5_0_8.tgz: invalid compressed
data--format violated
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive

It seems it's extracting some directories and then saying invalid
compressed data. I can see some extracted stuff though but not all.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
--

Desktop Support