[I checked with the a list admin before posting a job here, so ping me
off-list if this bugs you...]

Do you have a working knowledge of MySQL in a production environment?
Can you configure and debug replication in your sleep? Do you know the
differences between MyISAM and InnoDB tables? Do you want to work a
thriving, stable Internet company?

If you're answered "yes" to those questions, check out this job
description and send me your resume if you're interested.

Think of the job as an operations job specializing in MySQL support.

<job_listing>

  Yahoo! Mail Operations Engineer

  The Yahoo Mail Operations team is looking for a highly dedicated,
  motivated, and experienced software operations and tools development
  engineer. The Mail operations team is responsible for overall
  performance, availability, reliability and scalability of several
  large-scale systems involving thousands of servers and hundred of
  terabytes of data.

  To be successful, you must have at least 4 to 5 years of experience
  with the following skills: UNIX (shell scripting, gmake, awk, sed
  and/or other unix system administration tools), perl, site
  monitoring such as NetSaint/Nagios, site operations/networking
  (VIPs, ssh, cron), c++ (some exposure), production database
  installation and/or configuration (MySQL or Oracle). Prior
  experiences with operations in 24x7 production environment are
  highly desired. You also need to have good communication skills,
  schedule flexibility in working with offshore engineers. BSCS or
  equivalent is required.

</job_listing>

This job is on-site in Sunnyvale, California.

And, in for the sake of full disclosure, if you get hired, I do get a
reward.  But more importantly, you get a good job! :-)

Thanks,

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.15-Yahoo-SMP: up 178 days, processed 2,619,184,901 queries (169/sec. avg)