ZenShadow wrote:
Folks,

We've been running a fairly  high-traffic mysql server for some time,
and we've been occasionally seeing messages like this in the logs:

InnoDB: Error: semaphore wait has lasted > 600 seconds
InnoDB: We intentionally crash the server, because it appears to be
hung.
040309 18:20:36  InnoDB: Assertion failure in thread 2623773248 in file
sync0arr.c line 934
InnoDB: Failing assertion: 0
InnoDB: We intentionally generate a memory trap.
InnoDB: Send a detailed bug report to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Try replacing the RedHat kernel with the one from kernel.org. MyISAM tables do get periodically corrupted on RedHat kernels, and all the corruptions I've investigated went away when the kernel was replaced.

Otherwise, it could be a rare InnoDB bug - Heikki would be interested in investigating it if that is the case. But first, try a different kernel.

-- Sasha Pachev Create online surveys at http://www.surveyz.com/