Hello (first post)

 I'm a noob to this group but I have an issue which I am hoping there is a
solution to.

 I would like to have one instance of mysqld serving many databases, and
acting as a master server.

 Each slave will only replicate one database, and it would be undesirable
for them to be able to access separate databases.

 I thought the built in replication tool was exactly what was required, with
separate users for each DB. But I came across a snag.

 Even though each slave has access to only one database, the replication log
they retrieve from the master contains sql statements pertaining to the
other databases, from which they can gather information I would rather they
not see.

 So my question is - can one instance of mysqld maintain multiple binary
logs, specific to each database, or would I need separate instances of
mysqld for each database?

 TIA

 Ron Heywood