On Monday 15 March 2004 01:02, Chuck Gadd wrote:
> Smartyone wrote:
> > The database used to work, but then something must have broke, because
> > now it is suddenly Read-Only (reports Read Only when I try to add a
> > record using MySQLCC).
>
> Make sure the owner and group of the database files is set
> to mysql.

Chuck,

Thanks for the comment!

But I do not have a group "mysql".

OK, I can create one, if that really is required, but that does still not
explain why all other databases work (user: mysql, group: root), only this
one has become ReadOnly.
Even this one used to work, but then something must have changed. And, as I
mentioned earlier, if I make an identical copy of the ReadOnly database under
a new name (user/group = mysql:root), or even just rename the database (i.e.
rename the folder), the new database is Read/Write.

I need to understand the problem, because the clients are remote and run
automatically by cron. If I change the name of the database I need to make
changes to every host, and that is unacceptable - especially if this happens
again and I have to rename the database over and over again.

/Marty