Arunachalam wrote:
Hi MySQLians,

After such a long span (nearly 1 month) of searching the solution for the server restart while executing C API prepared statments I found that the execution met the error in the server ;

040315 17:48:55 Aborted connection 2 to db: 'test' user: 'xxxx' host: `localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets).

Hope this is well known error to experianced MySQLians...

Suggest me possible remedies for this error

I am using
     MySQL 5.0.0-alpha for windows
     Windows 2000 Service Pack 4
     MS VC++ 6.0

The error is actually a red herring. It is not likely that it has anything to do with the restart. This message happens when the client for some reason drops the connection, or when it's been idle for longer than wait_timeout seconds, and is fairly harmless.

To track down server restart, log all of your queries/commands and find which one does it. Then try to find a way to duplicate it and submit a bug report. 5.0.0 is a very early alpha with a lot of new untested code (more alpha than 4.1.1, if that makes any sense), and server-crashing bugs would be more common. I still thing it is more stable than the average production mega-bucks database release, though.

--
Sasha Pachev
Create online surveys at http://www.surveyz.com/