Dear MySQL users,

  MySQL benchmark team is proud to announce availability of the new
version of sql-bench suite. It is currently available only in
BitKeeper tree, named "mysql-bench".
  This is still development release and we would really appreciate
your testing, bug reports as well as comments you might have.  Please
mail these to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

For the additional instructions how to work with MySQL BitKeeper tree
please refer to: http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Installing_source_tree.html
manual page.

After couple of months of testing we plan to replace elder version
currently shipped with MySQL distribution with this one.

The command you can use to clone the mysql-bench tree is:

bk clone bk://mysql.bkbits.net/mysql-bench mysql-bench

To compile the tree you'll need to run:

cd mysql-bench
aclocal
autoconf
automake
./configure
make

To quickly run all tests with default options you may use
./run-all-tests
script.

The changes in this new sql-bench version include:

  - ability to run with large database sizes
  - support for new MySQL 4.0 and 4.1 features, such as UNION,
    Subqueries
  - AS3AP test
  - Separate Multi-User AS3AP test
  - Many new test cases

--
Peter Zaitsev, Senior Support Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Meet the MySQL Team at User Conference 2004! (April 14-16, Orlando,FL)
  http://www.mysql.com/uc2004/