Hello,
Does anyone have any idea why the following don't work in MySQL 4.1.1-alpha with InnoDB tables:
1. cannot change column type without first dropping the foreign key (when there is one)
2. cannot drop the column without first dropping the foreign key (if there is one)
3. cannot explicitly define a constraint's name when creating it.
4. cannot automatically figure out the names of the constraints associated with a column without manually parsing the results of "show create table"

I sent a more detailed explanation a couple of days ago. I'm just wondering if this is by design or something planned to be fixed.

thanks,

*Gilad Ezra Buzi
*R&D Engineer
Open Source Advocate