Hi, huge-my.cnf specifies that total memory usage be
less than 2 G. What is meant by total memory usage ?
Is it some of key_buffer + innodb_buffer_pool_size +
record_buffer or does the total memory usage not
include innodb_bbufer_size. How are these buffers used
? Are they obtained using malloc in the mysql process
map in begining ? When I start mysql using pmap I can
see a large chunk corresponding to my
innodb_buffer_pool_size configuraion but nothing
similar to key_buffer ??

I would appreciate any pointers as to what is mysql
doing with memory and how is it using the my.cnf
memory parameters.

TIA

VICK