Greetings all,
   I have taken it upon myself to try and learn MySQL
management this weekend!  No more using root for
everything anymore!  However, I cannot seem to do
anything but create a login.

   I have tried to build an extrmely simply Forum
using MySQL and PHP.  I can create the DB and TABLES
as MySQL root without any problems.  Its just trying
to create an administrative user that I run into the
problems.
   Ideally I would like to be able to create a MySQL
user account, where that user can create there own DB,
and do whatever the heck they want to it, while not
being able to do anything with any other DB.

    Please find a list of all my efforts below.  Based
on what I have read, these attempts should have
satisfied my goals 3 times over. Anyway, if some can
see any mistakes or ommissions, I would love to hear
it!

mysql> INSERT INTO user
VALUES('localhost','ForumUser',PASSWORD('forum123'),'Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y');
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO
[EMAIL PROTECTED] IDENTIFIED BY 'forum123' WITH
GRANT OPTION;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.11 sec)
mysql> GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP
    -> ON *.*
    -> TO [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    -> IDENTIFIED BY 'forum123';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Spider:/usr/bin# mysql -u ForumUser
Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or
\g.
Your MySQL connection id is 39 to server version:
3.23.49-log

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the
buffer.

mysql> SHOW DATABASES;
+----------+
| Database |
+----------+
| forums   |
| phpBB    |
| test     |
+----------+
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> USE forums;
ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to
database 'forums'
mysql> USE forums;
ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to
database 'forums'
mysql> Aborted
Spider:/usr/bin# mysql -u ForumUser -p forums
Enter password:
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user:
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES)

Sincerely,
Lee