From: Marvin Cummings [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2004 8:03 PM
To: 'Paul DuBois'
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [WDG] Client doesn't support authentication protocol error
inMySQL

Cool and thanks for the update. In trying to configure my server to use old
passwords I'm having a problem with one of the commands listed on the site:
This command works fine.
mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR
    -> 'some_user'@'some_host' = OLD_PASSWORD('mypass');

I get an error after attempting to issue this command:
mysql> UPDATE user SET Password = OLD_PASSWORD('mypass')
    -> WHERE Host = 'some_host' AND User = 'some_user';

I get the following error:
Error 1064 (3D000): No database selected

I don't see mention to select a database here. Am I possibly using the wrong
commands?

Thanks