Yeah, I want to avoid code if possible, some ideas was marking adjectives with a class tag, and doing a group by class so only one item in any given class would appera

e.g. good and evil would have the same class or male and female would have the same class.

this, however, requires me to enter a class id for each thing which is time(or code) consuming, but doable.

Diana Cristina Neves Soares wrote:
To select random values you could use:

SELECT word FROM table ORDER BY rand() LIMIT 3

But the problem of not to select male and female together... Well, you could LIMIT your query to 4 and in your code, if one entry is one of male or female, you test the others not to be female or male (respectively). For shure, you will always have 3 different values and you won't have male and female together (pityfully ;-)

Diana Soares