Hello,

I have a redhat system that is running mysql with openssl for secure connections.

There was just a rpm update from redhat for openssl. I applied that and mysql/openssl
connections seem fine.

But my question is do I need to recomplie mysql to use the latest openssl????

This was a custom mysql server install. Syntax:

     shell> ./configure (default=)--prefix=/usr/local/mysql
--with-extra-charsets=complex --enable-thread-safe-client --enable-local-infile
--enable-assembler --disable-shared
with-client-ldflags=-all-static  --with-mysqld-ldflags=-all-static
(Added=)--with-vio --with-openssl --without-innodb --localstatedir=/local/db
--with-mysqld-username=mysql

mysql shows that ssl is in use:

mysql> \s
blah
blah
SSL:                    Cipher in use is DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA
blah
blah
mysql>