Hello,

Further to my MERGE table query the other day, I've now put it into
action and it seems to be working fine. However I'm noticing that
"INSERT LOW_PRIORITY" statements are blocking when there are SELECTs
running.

Does anyone know if concurrent inserts work with MERGE tables? Are
there any criteria I need to satisfy? I know for certain that the
table being used to INSERT to has *no* deleted rows in it. Do I need
to ensure that all children of the MERGE table have no deleted rows?

I'm wondering if specifying LOW_PRIORITY disables concurrent inserts
explicitly, so I'll try removing that and see if anything improves,
but in the meantime, if anyone has any advice, please share :)

Thanks,
--
Chris