Hi all,

I have a table of users which contains a lot of information, and also a
column called membershiptype which can either be 0, 1, or 2. This table is
used a lot in various searches, and all results should be ordered by
membership type, but the order should not be 0-1-2, but instead 1-2-0.
Currently, this is achieved like this:

SELECT ... ORDER BY (membershiptype <> 1) ASC, (membershiptype <> 2) ASC,
login ASC

...which is rather ugly, and forces MySQL to create a temp table with the
calculated expressions and then re-sort the result using these. Since this
query is used a lot, it would be nice if I could get rid of this. I'm
completely stumped. Any ideas?

No, I did not choose the sort order. No, I can not change the values used.
Yes, it has to be this sort order. :-)

/Henrik Schröder