Hi,

I am trying to store Thai characters into mysql.

But after i pass an INSERT statement from my PHP script, the corresponding field in
the mysql table shows some unintelligible text not readable... looks like some
computer text (checked using PHPMyAdmin). I also checked the same information through
the mysql prompt and got the same unreadable text

Code I used
mysql> Select * from mytable;

But if I now pass a SELECT statement from my PHP script I get the proper Thai text
i initially stored.

The question is, I was wondering whether I could get the proper thai text message by
doing a select statement from the mysql prompt (mysql>) or PHPMyAdmin.

I created the table like this:

CREATE TABLE myTable
(
   name VARCHAR(10) CHARACTER SET tis620
);

I am using mySql 4.0.16 and PHP 4.3.4 (just incase)

thanks,
rajan.