I'm coverting an Access database to MySQL 4.1.1 and I need help with a
near impossible query. In the Access DB I used a stored procedure; I
think I should be able to solve this problem with a subselect in MySQL
but so far I'm not having any luck.

Here's the problem; In my stored precedure query I get results that
look like this

Item          Op            User
2751          2             Dude
2751          3             Aguy
4785          1             Dude
4785          2             Gus
5623          1             Dude
5623          2             Gus
5654          1             Gus
5654          2             Aguy

I then query these results to get only the Items for a user when the
specified user is the first person for that Item ID, for example. If I
query the results for Dude Items 2751, 4785 & 5623 are returned. If I
query the results for Gus Item 5654 are return but not Items 4785 or
5623. If I query the results for Aguy no Items are returned.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks