Hello list, I have successfully installed mysql5 on my windows box and my aim is set
on replicating my mysql5 linux system. I think I am on the right track and the systems
seem to talk to eachother according to my logs. My problem is that nothing is
replicated in my databases but I think that the replication position pointer is
increasing. My conclusion is that something is replicated but not add to my databases?

This is a snippet from my mysql.err log on my windows box which to me seem to
replicate something.  If I add data to my linux mysql database and then restart the
windows mysql system it seems that the log file has increased?

My mysql.err file on my windows box at startup before updating.

    040329 11:20:03  Slave I/O thread: connected to master '[EMAIL PROTECTED]:3307',
replication started in log 'lavazza-bin.000004' at     position 60801

Adding something on my linux box and the restarting my windows mysql database I recive
this in my mysq.err

    040329 11:28:41  Slave I/O thread: connected to master '[EMAIL PROTECTED]:3307',
replication started in log 'lavazza-bin.000004' at     position 112037

To me it seems that something has increased the log position pointer? But my database
has not been updated. Has anyone a suggestion to what might be the reason for my
problem?

Could my problem be that I am running InnoDB tables? I successfully managed to update
my slave tables with "LOAD DATA FROM MASTER"  so there is some kind of connection
between the two atleast.

Best regards
/Jonas Lindén