Hello Jeffrey,

JH> I've got a problem creating an index on a MYISAM table with 302,000,000 lines,
JH> roughly 58 GB on disk. Attached you will find the table definition, output
JH> of "mysqladmin variables", and "mysql -e 'show status'".

JH> and it's still running! That's roughly 11 days and it's not complete yet!
JH> Here's the current file sizes under the mysql root directory...

Index creation CAN take a long time, but I've never known it last 11
days :) but then I've never tried it on a table with 302 million
records (although I'm sure others here have).

My suggestion would have been - why not take say 10,000 records and
just test the index creation on that small sub-set of the data? If it
works without error then you know it will (should?) eventually finish
on the final massive set.

--
Best regards,
 Richard Davey