On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 08:44:28PM -0800, Gene H. Dreher wrote:
I seem to have locked myself out of my database.  RH8/4.0.18-standard
... the key user does not have file/reload/etc access.  and no access
at all to database mysql..

Is there some way to break this down as system root or is the only
solution to delete the whole thing and re-install it?

stop the mysql process, then restart it with the --skip-grant-tables
option, reset the passwords, and then restart it as normal.

Have you ever noticed that at trade shows
Microsoft is always the one giving away stress balls?