On Tuesday 30 March 2004 10:53 am, Matt Chatterley wrote:
> Hi all,

hello.

<snip>
> In-between lamenting the lack of views, one of the things I most miss from
> SQL Server, and which I need, is the Job System. For those unfamiliar with
> the concept from SQL Server, it is a way to set up one-shot or scheduled
> tasks to run within the database - these execute SQL statements when run,
> and can be started manually, from a procedure call, or from a schedule.
</snip>

maybe I am missing something, but why not just use cron?  you can even write
'command line' php scripts and have cron execute them at your convienience.
Then, you can 1. run the scripts manually (from the command line), 2. have
cron run them from a schedule or 3. exec them from a function.

seems like what you want IMO.

gabe.