Brent Baisley wrote:

Not as far as I know. Boolean forces all matches to have all the words searched on, rather than relevance ranking the results based on how many of the specified search words are in a record. Searching in boolean mode will always return the same or less results than a regular full text search.

User error. I was running the fulltext searches through our web interface, and was not accounting for the fact that the web interface adds other parameters to the search. :)

Searching for DB2 is in fact working as expected, however results were being excluded by other portions of the WHERE clause.

My apologies to the list, and thanks to all who helped.