I've been unable to select or set an enum field by using the string values. Numeric values work correctly.
SHOW CREATE TABLE gives the following:

CREATE TABLE `Organizations` (
`OrgID` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`Organization` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
`TypeOrg` enum('Customer',' Vendor',' ThisOrg',' Other') NOT NULL default 'Customer',
PRIMARY KEY (`OrgID`),
UNIQUE KEY `Name` (`Organization`)
) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='Organization Information'

But SELECT * FROM Organizations WHERE TypeOrg = 'ThisOrg' gives zero results even though using TypeOrg = 3 works. Similarly, UPDATE Organizations SET TypeOrg = 'ThisOrg' WHERE OrgID = 1 sets the value of TypeOrg to 0.

How do I get these to work with string values?

Thanks