Philippe,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Philippe Lewicki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 5:56 AM
Subject: read_key: Got error 146 when reading table

> Hi,
>
> Found that error in .err log file:
> read_key: Got error 146 when reading table './databasename/tablename'
>
> Its an InnoDB table that gets a lot of reads/write with multiple
> millions records.
>
> Does someone as more informations on that error ?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/mysql-standard-4.0.17-pc-linux-i686/bin> perror 146
Error code 146:  Unknown error 146
146 = Lock timed out; Retry transaction

the warning is harmless.

What MySQL version you are running? I think that about a year ago I removed
most of those harmless warnings from the .err log.

> Philippe

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM
tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php

Register now for the 2004 MySQL Users Conference!
http://www.mysql.com/events/uc2004/index.html