Patrick,

> >From your description, I assume you already have data in an existing
version
> 4 database that has existing table structures that are different from your
> 3.23 dump.

I didnīt have datas, but I had already run the mysql upgrade script.
Because the original version of the MySQL in Linux distribution is
3.23.58 and choose to upgrade it first.

> Alternatively, if you don't need the data from the existing database drop
it
> and recreate it. Then run your dump against it, followed by the necessary
> alter table statements.

May I drop even the columns_priv and db databases and after restore
I gain all fuctionalities and performance from MySQL-4.0.x?

Thanks,
Ronan