Sorry. I can imagine how frustrated you must be.

In mysql 5, condition is a reserved word, so the person who told you to remove the quotes was wrong, at least for that column. (In his defense, CONDITION is relevant to stored procedures, so it isn't a reserved word for versions prior to 5, as far as I know.)

You will need to put bacticks around the column name, like this

`condition` varchar(10) NOT NULL default '',

Michael

Marvin Cummings wrote:

Thanks for the responses but after "copying and pasting" this into the
mysql command prompt I now get the following error:

Error 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual
that corresponds to your MySQL version for the right syntax to use near
condition varchar(10) NOT NULL default '', City varchar(20) NOT NULL default '', at line 8

I copy this exactly like it is:

CREATE TABLE nuke_zc_ads
(
ad_id smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, cat_id smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default 0, user_name varchar(20) NOT NULL default '', email varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', price text NOT NULL, condition varchar(10) NOT NULL default '', city varchar(20) NOT NULL default '', state varchar(20) NOT NULL default '', country varchar(20) NOT NULL default '', lastup_date int(11) NOT NULL default 0, subject text NOT NULL, descript text NOT NULL, url text NOT NULL, views int(11) NOT NULL default 0, paypal char(3) NOT NULL default 'No', add_date int(11) NOT NULL default 0, exp_date int(11) NOT NULL default 0, PRIMARY KEY (ad_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;

And it still isn't working!!! WHAT am I doing wrong here?

Thanks again for the help.