On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Mickey wrote:
> I am trying to install Mysql
> (mysql-standard-4.0.18-pc-linux-i686.tar.gz) on my 'SCO_SV 3.2 5.0.5
> i386' unix machine.

This is for linux.  Do you have the lxrun installed?  If you have lxrun
installed and updated to the lastest libraries then it will work.  If you
are trying to run it on OpenServer in native mode you will need to get a
OpenServer vesions.

> When unzipping and untarring the file when I try to run the
> scripts/mysql_install_dn program I get a bunch of error messages. Here
> is what I get :-
>
> WARNING: The host '' could not be looked up with resolveip.
> This probably means that your libc libraries are not 100 % compatible
> with this binary MySQL version. The MySQL daemon, mysqld, should work
> normally with the exception that host name resolving will not work.
> This means that you should use IP addresses instead of hostnames
> when specifying MySQL privileges !
> Preparing db table
> Preparing host table
> Preparing user table
> Preparing func table
> Preparing tables_priv table
> Preparing columns_priv table
> Installing all prepared tables
> Installation of grant tables failed!

This indicates that you do not have the latest libraries for lxrun or you
are using the wrong libray.

If you need a native binary for MySQL check out

ftp://ftp.zenez.com/pub/zenez/prgms/

Good Luck,

--
Boyd Gerber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ZENEZ   1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047