Hi all,

I am still a bit confused as to the license for using MySQL.

If I create an application in PHP, that uses a MySQL database (for example a shopping cart application) and I want to sell this application (not open source), am I required to pay a license fee?

I found this quote:

"2. Free use for those who never copy, modify or distribute
As long as you never distribute (internally or externally) the MySQL
Software in any way, you are free to use it for powering your application,
irrespective of whether your application is under GPL or other OSI approved
license or not."

Which I understand to mean, that as long as I am not distributing MySQL with my application, that I don't need to worry about it.

Thanks for any help.

- Charles